How to Set Up Apple CarPlay® in Your Mercedes-Benz
Have you just experienced the excitement of driving home in a new Mercedes-Benz like the SLC? If so, and you’re ready to make the most of your vehicle’s technology, you may be wondering how to set up Apple CarPlay®. Just follow the easy steps in this guide from Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu, and you’ll be connected in a flash!
Connecting to Mercedes-Benz Apple CarPlay®
To connect to Apple CarPlay®, Mercedes-Benz drivers need to complete the following steps:
- Using a USB cord, connect your iPhone® to the USB port with the smartphone integration symbol.
- If you’re connecting to Apple CarPlay® for the first time, you’ll see this message: “A new Apple CarPlay® device has been connected. How should Apple CarPlay® be started?” You’ll be given a choice between “Automatically” and “Manually.”
- To make connecting your primary smartphone easier each time you enter your car, you’ll want to opt for “Automatically”; if, on the other hand, you’re pairing the iPhone® of a passenger for the purpose of sharing music or directions to points of interest around Ewa Beach, select “Manually.”
Now you can access your smartphone’s functions via the controller/touchpad controller, hard keys, or Siri®!
What Can You Do with Apple CarPlay®?
Once setup is complete for Apple CarPlay®, Mercedes-Benz drivers can enjoy everything from making hands-free calls to streaming music to navigating the Waipahu and Mililani areas:
- Place Phone Calls: Apple CarPlay® allows you to place calls hands-free. Simply state the name of your contact, and the system will connect you.
- Send Text Messages: Send a text safely while running errands in Kailua. Simply choose your contact, dictate your message, say, “Send,” and your message is sent!
- Stream Entertainment: Listen to your favorite music from your smartphone, or access even more entertainment via apps like iHeartRadio®, TuneIn® Radio, Audiobooks.com, and more.
- Apple Maps Navigation: Whether looking for attractions near Kapolei or businesses near Kaneohe, you can access quick and easy navigation with Apple Maps.
- Quick COMAND® Access: To adjust your seat, in-cabin temperature, ambient lighting, etc, select the “Mercedes-Benz” icon on the Apple CarPlay® screen, or press the appropriate hard key on the dash. This will take you back to the COMAND® system.
Enjoy Your Drive With Apple CarPlay® from Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu!
For more help with connecting and utilizing Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, or Bluetooth®*, Mercedes-Benz drivers know they can turn to Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu. At our dealership near Aiea, we can help you configure the Mercedes-Benz Apple CarPlay® feature if you run into issues. Or, if you’re interested in getting behind the wheel of a new Mercedes-Benz with smartphone integration, we can share with you our new vehicle specials, so you can secure one at a great price. Contact us for more information, including learning about the Mercedes-Benz logo!
*Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth® SIG, Inc.