Mercedes-Benz Android Auto™ Explained
Accessing technology features like Mercedes-Benz Android Auto™ is just one of the reasons Waipahu car buyers prefer new Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Discover the advantages of using the Android Auto™ App and how to pair your phone and navigate the system with the experts at Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu.
What is Android Auto™?
The Mercedes-Benz Android Auto™ is a smartphone integration feature that gives Mililani drivers the ability to access smartphone features from their vehicle’s central screen. Using Mercedes-Benz Android Auto™ lets you enjoy features hands-free while traveling from Kailua to Kapolei, such as:
- Streaming music
- Google Maps navigation
- Sending and receiving messages
How to Set Up Android Auto™ Step by Step
- You’ll need to go to the app store and download the Android Auto™ app to your phone to get started.
- Locate the USB with the phone symbol next to it; this should be in your center console. Then, connect your phone to the USB port using a USB cable.
- Once connected, you’ll need to navigate to the telephone screen on your vehicle’s central display using the central controller. Then, scroll through the carousel until you reach the Android Auto™ option.
- Select “Android Auto™” and review the initial message on your vehicle’s display before hitting “Accept” to activate your device.
- At this point, your phone will request that you press “Continue,” and then your vehicle’s central display will present the option to set automatic access for Android Auto™.
- You’re all done and ready to enjoy the benefits of Android Auto™!
How to Use Android Auto Features
Now that your Mercedes-Benz Android Auto™ set up is complete, you’ll have a couple of options for navigating between your Android Auto™ features:
- Google Voice: Press the voice button on the steering wheel or select the voice icon on the screen to use Google Voice to control Android Auto™.
- Central Controller: Select hotkeys on your vehicle’s display screen using the central controller to access features like navigation, music, and more.
Find the Latest Mercedes-Benz Technology at Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu
To learn more about other Mercedes-Benz technologies or to get help pairing the Mercedes-Benz Android Auto™ App with your vehicle, get in touch with the team at Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu. We can answer any questions you have about technologies like mbrace® or walk you through the setup process for Android Auto™ or Apple CarPlay®.