How Do I Change My Mercedes-Benz Hood Ornament?
Do you need a new hood ornament for your Mercedes-Benz? Replacing your old Mercedes-Benz hood ornament with a new one is easy to do on your own! Read on for Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu’s step-by-step directions for DIY Mercedes-Benz hood ornament replacement.
How to Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Hood Ornament
When replacing your Mercedes-Benz hood ornament, you’ll, of course, need a new hood ornament and then a pair of needle nose pliers. Then, you can get started by adding the new ornament to your hood:
- First, open your vehicle’s hood, and pull the hood release. The hood release is located on the driver’s side under the dashboard.
- Once the hood is opened, look underneath the hood for the bottom tab of the hood ornament. The bottom tab will be circular and metal.
- Use the pliers to turn the bottom tab counterclockwise. It should pop out on its own, so be watchful and, to avoid scratches or cracks, make sure the tab does not fall onto your car’s hood or windshield.
- After the old hood ornament is removed, insert the new hood ornament from the hood’s surface.
- To attach the new ornament, return underneath the hood and twist the hood ornament’s bottom tab clockwise until it is tightly secured.
Schedule Mercedes-Benz Hood Ornament Replacement at Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu
Do you want your Mercedes-Benz hood ornament replaced by a professional? Visit our service center near Aiea and Mililani. One of our service technicians would be happy to help! Schedule an appointment online, and contact us for a Mercedes-Benz hood ornament replacement price estimate.